ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR DIPLOMA WITH ACCPAC
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply the knowledge of bookkeeping, office skills, and accounting to meet the demands of today’s business.
Computerized accounting is a growing area. Excellent opportunities exist for skilled people. Graduates can become employed in the accounting department of a large company as an assistant or be in charge of the accounts in a smaller enterprise.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications – 2 Units
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting, ACCPAC 500 ERP 5.5 General Ledger, ACCPAC 500 ERP 5.5 Accounts Receivable, and ACCPAC 500 ERP 5.5 Accounts Payable
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, Office Procedures Level 1, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Business Skills Business Math, Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship
- Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status with successful completion of the required test. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.